Did you know that a zucchini is technically a fruit? Mind blown. It’s the swollen ovary of the zucchini flower. Slightly off putting. Now with this new fact, I find it the perfect time to quote my mate Brian O’Driscoll when I say….”knowledge is knowing a zucchini is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad”.
Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper (mine was 22cm x 11cm).
Grate the zucchini, place in a piece of muslin or cotton tea towel and wring out all the liquid from the vegetable. Set aside.
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Add wet ingredients and combine. Add in the zucchini and mix well.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin, pushing to edges. Sprinkle on pumpkin seeds.
Bake for approximately 55 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
Store in fridge.
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, skin on (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds to decorate (optional)