This is chapter 3 of my best-selling novel “Zucchini Pretending To Be Things Other Than Zucchini”. So after brownies and zoodles, this cheeky veg has only gone and become fries. And damn delicious fries at that.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
For the mayo…
- 1/2 quantity of Basic Mayo (find recipe here)
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Celsius. Line a large tray with tray with baking paper.
- Cut the zucchinis into fries.
- Beat the eggs in one bowl, then mix all other ingredients (except arrowroot) in another.
- Coat the fries in arrowroot, tossing them together in a large zip-lock bag.
- Dip the arrowroot-coated fries in the beaten egg mixture, then dredge them through the almond meal mixture.
- Lay the fries in a single layer on tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While they are cooking, whip up the Basic Mayonnaise. Take half the quantity and stir through the sriracha.
- Serve the fries hot, fresh from the oven with the dipping sauce.
TIP- let some of the egg mix drip off the fries before dredging in the almond mix, otherwise too much crumb will stick to each one and there wont be enough to go round.