When people get over the horror that I don’t start my day with a bowl of Crapflakes, they are always interested in what I eat for brekky. “Like, so, do you just eat bacon and eggs, like, everyday??” While that sounds delicious, even I need a breather from that piggy goodness. Team these with some smoked salmon and avo like a posh mofo.
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Handful of chopped fresh dill
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Shred the zucchini in your food processor (or grate it, then give yourself an uppercut for not making your life better by buying a food processor).
- Put the zucchini in a piece of muslin/cheesecloth or a clean tea towel. Sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt and leave for 10 minutes.
Peel and shred the carrot, slice the onion and chop the dill.
- Wrap the zucchini up in the cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Mix the zucchini and all other ingredients except the oil in a big bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over a low to medium heat. Pop in a tablespoon of oil for each batch.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
Makes 12 .