Soup, soupidoop, soupidoop, soupidoopidoopidoop…if you didn’t just sing that like you were the missing member of Salt N’ Pepa then who even are you?
It’s not soup weather around these parts right now, but I love me a little fridge clean out, and this was the result. Chucked in a swede that was rolling around in the crisper and unlike the other Swede, he’s not obsessed with cheap furniture or fika, he’s just keen on delivering you flavoursome soup. What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man….
- 1 onion, large dice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Thumb-size piece of ginger, grated
- 1 celery stick, chopped roughly
- 1 swede, peeled and chopped (400g)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped (250g)
- 1/2 butternut, peeled and chopped (650g) 1200ml chicken or vegetable stock Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Sauté the onion, celery, thyme, garlic and ginger to soften.
- Add all the veg and pour in the stock.
- Add the orange zest and juice.
- Simmer until all the veg is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in the turmeric, salt and pepper.