Feeling saucy? I’ve just upped your BBQ game with the invention of this deliciousness. You know A1 sauce? Well this home-made goodness is the one worthy of such high praise, and I’m down-grading that commercial, corn syrup-laden bitch to a B2.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to restrict its use to just steak. It’s delicious on all meats and banging on your big brekky.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 small onion, cut in quarters
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 65g raisins
- 60g tomato paste
- 60g dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 25g blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then pour everything into a high speed blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour into jar and store in fridge.
- As it cools the flavour develops, so the vinegary-ness calms down.
Makes 450 mls.