So you’ve had yourself a merry little Christmas, now you feel a bit like 2017 Mariah and all you want for lunch is a salad. I hear you. Not just any old salad mind, a bowl of limp leaves sounds about as appealing as having to sit next to your handsy drunk uncle Jeffrey at the lunch table. However a big bowl of sunshine like this here roasted goodness should do the trick.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Handful chopped fresh coriander
For the dressing…
- 2 tablespoons tahina
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl mix together oil garlic, salt and spices. Add cauliflower florets and mix to coat in the mixture.
- Transfer cauliflower to oven tray and roast for 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime mix together all dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Once cauliflower is cooked and cooled, arrange on plate, drizzle on dressing, scatter in nuts, raisins and coriander.