Ola Senors and Senoritas! Hands up if you like meat on a stick?! Yup, thought so.
These spicy little Moorish mofos are a bit of a go-to for me because they tick all the boxes we like….delicious, simple ingredients and bloody easy to knock together, leaving you plenty of free time to enjoy a sangria or 5.
- 1kg pork fillet (you could also try chicken or lamb)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to season
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Romesco Sauce…
(Find recipe here)
- Cut the pork into 2.5cm cubes.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl to make marinade.
- Pour over meat and coat it all nicely. Let it marinade for an hour or two or even overnight.
- Thread the meat onto skewers.
- BBQ, grill or pan fry for several minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with Romesco Sauce.
Makes 10-12 skewers.