Man I love veggies. While most people keep the protein as the star of the show, I like to keep my salads and sides sexy as hell so they rival the said protein for a bit of the spotlight. Be the Patrick Swayze of your kitchen tonight and don’t let anyone put your veg in the corner.
- 600g butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 600g cauliflower florets
- 2 small eggplants, cubed
- 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil/coconut oil for roasting
- small handful pomegranate seeds
- roughly chopped fresh mint leaves and parsley
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons tahina
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice of a small lemon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Prepare the veg, chuck them into a roasting tray, toss through the oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, tossing once or twice during the cooking time.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- When the veg is done roasting, put it on a serving plate to cool down.
- Drizzle on dressing, garnish with pomegranate, herbs and seeds.
Serve warm or cold.
Feeds 4-6 as a side.