I live in Dubai, where fruit is really hit and miss to say the least. It can be expensive, tasteless, more well travelled than me, or a combo of all 3. My way around this is pretty simple. If I’ve once again made a crap purchase of tasteless fruit, I roast it. Stone fruits, figs, apples, pears, even grapes. Perfect for an easy dessert, breakfast or spooned over your Smith St Paleo Pancake & Waffle Mix (blatant plug).
- 8 apricots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 4 large sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Halve and deseed your apricots and place them cut side up in a baking dish so they fit snugly.
- Drizzle over the honey and juice.
- Lay the thyme sprigs on top.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with coconut yoghurt.