Some people like to decorate cupcakes, I save my kitchen Picasso moments for my bad-ass salads. You’ll be surprised what you can get people to eat if you make it look pretty (there is a dirty joke begging to be made here, but I’ll keep it clean).
So next time you make a salad for your BBQ, put in the effort and make this, don’t just serve up lettuce and cucumber. Your friends don’t deserve that bland crap.
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 3 large soft dates, diced
- 1 tablespoon of pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the dressing…
- 2 tablespoons tahina
- 2 tablespoons water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place cauliflower and onion in single layer on oven tray, drizzle with the oil.
- Roast for approximately 40 minutes, giving the veg a shake around a couple of times during the cooking time.
- While the veg are roasting, mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Once veg is cooked and cooled (you can serve warm or cold) scatter on the dates, dill and nuts, and spoon on the dressing.