Want to know how Mr Ferrero named that brown sweet stuff? Someone asked him what was in it and he said “I’m nutelling you”. I wouldn’t tell anyone either because its full of crap that you really don’t want to eat like sugar, vegetable oil, skim milk powder and soy. I know it tastes nice, but keep hoovering that stuff and your jeans will soon be telling you to hit the breaks on your straight from the jar habit. Here’s a way healthier version for you, and it will keep your Levis quiet.
- 300g hazelnuts, skinless and toasted
- 150g date paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 cup almond or hazelnut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Toast hazelnuts in pan or oven. If you’ve bought already toasted, its good to warm them in pan or oven as it speeds up the processing time.
- Whizz warm, toasted nuts in food processor until like flour.
- Add all other dry ingredients and whizz together.
- Add other ingredients. And continue whizzing until it forms a smooth nutella like paste. It might take some time depending on the strength of your processor and you’ll need to scrape down the sides a few times, but the results are worth it.
- Store in airtight jar or container in fridge for 2-3 weeks.