Just take a moment to appreciate this dish of sunshine.
This is mango and coconut peeps, a match made in heaven.
I decorated mine with coconut yoghurt and passion fruit, totally upping my tropical game.
You may or may not want to dress as Carmen Miranda while making this. Totally up to you
For the crust…
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch sea salt
For the filling…
- 2 cups ripe mango flesh
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Juice 1 1/2 limes
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees celsius.
- Lightly grease a 23cm loose bottomed pie dish with a little coconut oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Mix the crust ingredients together in a bowl.
- Tip it into the pie dish, pressing it into then bottom and sides so you have an even thickness all over.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave it to cool fully before removing from the tin (this is important! You can stick it in the fridge to do this, no problem).
- To make the filling, whizz the mango in your food processor til smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and whizz for a minute or 2 until you have a smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour into cooled pie crust and chill in fridge until fully set (1-2 hours).