G’day mate, have a Captain Cook at what I’ve slapped up for Straya Day! Fair dinkum, ridgy didge, bloody bonza lammos! I’d say you’ve got a couple of roos loose in the top paddock if you don’t make these little rippers for all the Shazzas and Dazzas in your life.
For the cake…
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1/3 coconut oil (plus a little extra to grease baking tin)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
For the jam…
Find recipe here . I made a half measure of this recipe using frozen raspberries. I used what I needed for Lamingtons (4 tablespoons) then had awesome jam leftovers.
For the chocolate icing…
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a Swiss roll tin (mine was 23×33 cm) with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Put wet ingredients together in a large bowl and beat together with a electric hand mixer for a minute.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, then combine on a low speed (make sure it’s low or it will fly everywhere!) you might need to scrape down the sides of bowl with a spatula once or twice.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool in tin then turn out.
- Make the jam and let it cool.
- Mix all the icing ingredients (except the coconut) together in a bowl.
- Trim the edges of the cake, the cut it in half.
- Spread the jam on the top of one of the halves, the place the other half of cake directly on top.
- Cut the cake into 12 squares.
- Coat each square in the chocolate, then coat it in coconut.
Have an awesome Australia Day you bloody legends!