It‘s Summer in Australia and temperatures are like the surface of the Sun, so ain’t nobody got time to stand around a hot kitchen baking. Enter stage left, my no-bake vegan bites that taste like the real dealio without all the hassle. Knock them up for Australia Day so you have more free time to listen to the Hot 100, watch Kath & Kim reruns and play goon bag roulette. And they say we have no culture…
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g paleo compliant dark chocolate
- Put all ingredients except chocolate in a food processor.
- Blend together until nuts are broken down and a nice squishy texture is reached (about 90 seconds depending on your machine).
- Make into balls. The mixture will be quite oily at this stage, don’t panic. It helps them set into smooth balls. I also find it easier to squish the mixture together in one hand them shape with fingertips instead of trying to roll them between 2 hands.
- Set aside to harden in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Coat the balls in the melted chocolate then roll in extra coconut.
- Store in fridge.Makes 12 balls.