You don’t have to be called Sven or Ulrika to want to get this tastiness all up and around your mouth. It’s everything you want in a dessert – chocolatey, dense and gooey. Those Swedes don’t just do furniture and kitschy 70’s pop bands, they know a thing or two about cake too. Serve it at your next dinner party, no one will know it’s Paleo. Promise.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line base and sides of a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Throw all ingredients into your food processor and whizz together for about a minute. You may need to scrape the sides a couple of times.
- Spoon this chocolatey amazingness into your lined cake tin. It’s pretty thick, so just push the mixture gently to the sides with a spatula, smoothing the surface so it’s an even thickness.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
The cake will have a crispy top, but the centre will still be fudgy and moist (God I hate that word…).