This is so simple I hesitate to call it a recipe. So lets call it what it really is….the answer to your goddamn prayers. We all know someone who might need to go to a K.A. Meeting or two, it might even be you, but i promise this healthier version tastes just like the real deal. Don’t believe me? Try it on your kids. They never miss a trick those little buggers, but I bet you can get around them with this jar of red deliciousness.
And so you know, in Australia we call it Tomato Sauce, not Ketchup. I just called it Ketchup to save any confusion. I feel very American right now.
- 250g tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each of allspice, paprika, ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Throw all ingredients together in a saucepan and mix together.
- Heat gently while stirring for a minute or so to make sure all the coconut sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and spoon into a jar.
- Keeps in fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Makes about 300ml.