Fudge me sideways! What is this chocolatey awesomeness??
It’s my freaking hazelnut freezer fudge that’s what. Super duper easy to knock together if you have a food processor. If you don’t, well go give yourself an uppercut. How do you even live?
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts + 1/4 cup extra
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Whizz the 2 cups of hazelnuts in your food processor until it starts turning to a nut paste.
- Add the dry ingredients and the maple syrup and whizz together.
- I like to pour in the melted coconut butter and coconut milk through the feeder in lid while the machine is on. You might find that the mix goes a little weird-looking at some point, almost like it’s separated, but keep whizzing and it will turn into thick, creamy, chocolatey goodness.
- Pour into a paper lined dish (mine was 24×15 cm), and smooth it over, making it an even thickness.
- Roughly chop the extra hazelnuts and sprinkle them on. Gently press them down a bit so they’ll set into the fudge.
- Throw it in the freezer for an hour or so, then cut into squares.
- Keep it in the fridge or freezer.