I love me some Golden Milk Latte. Yep, I know its totally wanky and hipstery, but its so damn delicious. It’s like a hug in a mug, and I’d like to think that all that turmeric is doing some good for my gammy knee joint. So I’ve taken it a step further from a drink to a meal, because first name: Hungry, last name: Always. Easy peasy portable brekky too.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl or jar.
- Place in fridge for several hours or overnight.
- If you can, give mixture a stir or shake after an hour or so.
- Serve straight up, topped with coconut yoghurt, berries or granola.