It’s Christmas time and there are waaaay too many sweet temptations around! Here’s my healthier adaptation of a festive favorite that smells and tastes awesome.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a Swiss roll tin with coconut oil and line base with baking paper ( my tin was 32x23cm).
- Beat eggs, oil, molasses, maple syrup and vanilla together until well combined.
- Combine all dry ingredients together and add to the wet mix. Combine well.
- Spread mix evenly into pan and bake for 20 mins. Reduce heat to 100 degrees Celsius and bake for a further 20 minutes until firm and edges have browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
- Cut into squares and have a merry Christmas.