The 70’s wasn’t all bell bottoms and sideburns you know. It was rank food as well. This though is one of my Mum’s faves that I don’t mind giving a bit of revamp and re-introduction into my paleo-fied 2017. Looking for a crowd-pleaser at your next BBQ? This is it. Got salad dodgers in the family that freak at the sight of leaves? This might do the trick. Just want a breather from kale, I hear ya…
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (500g)
- 1 red capsicum, diced small
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Cut your cauliflower into florets and pulse in your food processor to make it a rice-like texture (don’t overprocess or the cauliflower will release too much water and be mushy).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large fry pan.
- Fry off the riced cauliflower, stirring, for a few minutes until softened slightly, but still reasonably holding its shape.
- Remove from heat and spoon the cauliflower into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- While its cooling, prep your other veg.
- Once the cauliflower is cooled, mix through all the chopped veg, sultanas and parsley.
- Sprinkle over all other ingredients and stir well, ensuring everything is coated and flavour is well distributed.