So it’s not really the season right now in Dubai for soup, but it’s always the season for veggie-filled, ridiculously easy, quick meals. I honestly don’t know how there is still a market for that sodium-soaked tinned stuff. It’s veggies, stock and spices people! Doesn’t get simpler than that. A child could do it. Matter of fact they should probably start doing it in rebellion over the packet rubbish some parents give them and try to pass off as food. Phew, I don’t know what happened then! I came over all Jamie Oliver-like. I need a little lie down…..
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Prepare your veggies and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a low to medium heat.
- Add your garlic and onion and sweat them a bit (don’t fry the onions, just soften them).
- Add the parsnip and cauliflower and stock.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Put on lid. Simmer gently until veggies are cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Using a stick blender, whizz soup until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and stir through. Put soup back on a low heat and let the flavours infuse for a few minutes.