I should really call these Impossible Cookies, because they are impossible to screw up. Use the base to add in your own variation of dried fruit and nuts and you’re in the zone.
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix together cashew butter, egg, honey, salt, zest and baking soda.
- Add cranberries and pistachios and mix through.
- Sift in the coconut flour and combine well. Mixture will thicken up at this stage.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Makes 12 cookies.
TIP– mix in the coconut flour last as it stiffens the mixture.