Coleslaw is always a welcome salad at any BBQ. It’s colourful and crunchy with a nice tangy flavour. I substituted the creamy mayonnaise with an avocado dressing, and quite frankly, I think it’s better this way!
Prepare all the salad veggies and toss together in a big bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar.
Whizz your avocado in your mini food processor until smooth then whisk it into the oil and vinegar.
Add the honey, mustard and salt and pepper, combining well.
Pour over your salad just before serving, coating everything well.
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1/4 red cabbage (finely shredded)
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- Red capsicum (finely sliced)
- 3 celery sticks (finely sliced)
- 4 spring onions (finely sliced)
For the dressing…
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste