So Panna Cotta translates to “cooked cream” in Italian. I think I can get away with calling this Panna Cotta because I use coconut cream, but there’s very little cooking involved I can assure you.
These babies can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, setting nicely in the fridge while you catch up on more important things like a pedicure or watching Game of Thrones.
Perfect for a dinner party as they can be made well ahead and you can decorate them to make them look fancy AF.
- 800ml coconut cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 teaspoons gelatin powder
- Whisk the coconut cream and honey together in a saucepan.
- Split the vanilla pod in half length-ways with the point of a sharp knife and scrape out the vanilla beans. Add them to the coconut mixture.
- Heat the mixture to a light simmer, stirring gently.
- Sprinkle in the gelatin and stir to combine (I like to use a whisk to do this).
- Keep stirring and simmering the mix for 3-4 minutes until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into the ramekins/dishes and let set in fridge for 3 hours.
Makes 4-5 servings.
TIP-obviously read the directions of the gelatin powder you’re using, you may need to adjust amount. Mine was 3 teaspoons per 500ml liquid.