Trump is president, there are people that still believe the earth is flat and influencers on instagram still think anyone gives a toss about their beauty routine. Gwen Stefanie was right – “this shit’s bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!” Well, when the world gives you bananas, make banana bread.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper (my tin was 21cm x 11cm).
- Put all your dry ingredients together in a food processor and whizz together.
- Add wet ingredients and whizz until fully combined and batter is smooth.
- Pour into loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through (the old trick if skewer comes out clean works a treat!)
- Let cool in tin, then turn out onto rack.