While we can all agree that chocolate and hazelnuts are a match made in heaven, I’m sure we can also agree that Nutella can go F itself. That crap is lethal. One would expect the first ingredients of a chocolate nut spread to be, gee, I don’t know, at a wild guess, say cocoa and nuts? Nope. Sugar and vegetable oil. I think I just vommed in my mouth a little. Well, Mr Nutella, you can bugger off with your little jars of toxic shite. I’m going to make D-licious concoctions of your famous flavour combo that aren’t going to take a swipe at my health.
- 1 cup pure hazelnut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cacao powder, sifted
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a tray with baking paper or baking mat.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in the cacao, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix in the coconut flour.
- Fold through the chopped nuts.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, make 12 even mounds on tray. You can shape them a bit with your hands.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- They’ll still seem soft after this time, but remove to a cooling tray and they will firm up as they cool.