If Warrant had tried my Cherry Brownies back in the 90’s they definitely would have written a song about them, not a stupid pie. Did I just give away my age?
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 almond butter
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 250g cherries, pitted and halved.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a baking tin (23 x 23cm) and line with baking paper.
- Put all ingredients except the cherries into a food processor and whizz everything together to a smooth batter.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and gently stir through the cherries.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin. The batter is quite thick and sticky so you need to wrestle it into submission and push it to the corners and sides.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool in tin before cutting.