Well these guys are wing-diddly-licious and just as the Colonel said, finger-lickin’ good. No 11 secret herbs and spices here peeps. To be honest, I think that shady old geezer with the dodgy goatee is bullshitting about that little catchphrase. His chicken is flavoured with salt, MSG and self-loathing and the jury is still out on what the other things are. Lucky for you guys I don’t need to be all bloody secret squirrel about my ingredients, I’m happy to share my recipes, so bugger off back to Kentucky with all your mystery and lies Mr Sanders.
- 1kg chicken wings
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Thumb of ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl and toss in wings, coating all of them.
- Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Line baking tray with paper, then place on wings, spacing them out.
- Brush on a little extra marinade to the wings.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- If you have remaining marinade, you could baste wings again at the 15 minute mark.
- Sprinkle cooked wings with sesame seeds.