My all time favourite Australian chocolate bar is a Cherry Ripe. Seriously, they are awesome. It’s probably a blessing that they aren’t available here in Dubai, keeping me on the straight and narrow. If you ever get to visit my beautiful country, do yourself a favour. While these don’t imitate all that is a Cherry Ripe, the idea is there. Chocolate, coconut and cherries. And they are awesome in their own right.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with wax baking paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Space out heaped tablespoons of mixture onto the tray. The mixture is quite thick and sticky, so you can shape it a little with your fingers.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Makes 12 cookies.