Coconut yoghurt is bloody delicious. My addiction to the stuff is real. Have they put crack in it? The way its priced here in Dubai, I think they might have.
Anyway, I’ve tried a couple of times to make the stuff using coconut milk, probiotic capsules and patience, but no dice. I call bullshit on you Pinterest and all your smug Susie Homemaker twats who claim to have made it this way. Fake news.
So here’s my cheats version. Now I’m not going to claim this tastes completely the same, but it’s quick to make and is creamy and delicious. Oh, and cheaper.
- 1 packet coconut meat (450g)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste is optional (maple syrup, honey etc)
- Defrost coconut meat if frozen.
- Add the meat and all other ingredients to high speed blender and whizz until smooth and creamy.
- Place in jar and keep in fridge for 1-2 weeks.