Are you looking for ways to cut carbs? I find a knife is the best solution…or you could try whipping up this flatbread. Grains and gluten can give some people a bad guts – pain, bloating and horrendous farts, which is a bit of a punch in the tit, especially if you like to actually do up your jeans or you spend a lot of time in elevators. I’m just here offering you solutions people because I’m a good chick and everyone should be allowed to enjoy a sanga or two.
*sanga – Australian-speak for sandwich FYI.
- 350g of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and whizz it to make “rice”.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl, add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture onto a large, flat, baking tray thats been lined with baking paper.
- Press the mixture down with your hands to approximately a 30cm x 30cm square thats 5mm thick. Wear latex gloves for this (or I just slipped my hands into 2 plastic sandwich bags) as the turmeric will stain your hands.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until firm and lightly browned.
- Let the flatbread cool, then cut into 8 pieces.
- Store in fridge.