OK, so does anyone else sing the “Chopping Broccoli” song from Saturday Night Live when they’re actually chopping broccoli? No. Just me then. As you were.
Well, next time, instead of just chopping broccoli (I literally just sang it again as I typed that), why not whizz it and make it into this awesome flatbread? It’s awesome for dips, open sangas and makes a kick-ass bruschetta base.
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets (350g worth)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put the broccoli florets into food processor and whizz to make it like ‘rice’.
- Transfer broccoli rice to a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture onto oven tray thats lined with baking paper.
- Press the mixture down with your hand to approximately a 30 x 30cm square, about 5mm thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until firm and lightly browned.
- Let the flatbread cool on a tray, then peel off the paper.
- Cut the flatbread into 8 rectangles and store in fridge.