Not enough dip for your chips? Not enough chips for your dip? Total disaster. I have the solution to your First World Problems. Make your own. You are now in control. Not some supermarket overlord who wants to decide your snacking limits.
- 500g cooked beetroot (I used the pre-cooked vacuum packed ones)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahina
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to season
- Toast your walnuts in one layer in a dry pan over a low-medium heat.
- Put the toasted walnuts in your food processor along with all other ingredients and pulse until you get desired consistency.
Makes 2-3 cups.