Not enough dip for your chips? Not enough chips for your dip? Total disaster. I have the solution to your First World Problems. Make your own. You are now in control. Not some supermarket overlord who wants to decide your snacking limits.
Beetroot and Roasted Walnut Dip
Toast your walnuts in one layer in a dry pan over a low-medium heat.
Put the toasted walnuts in your food processor along with all other ingredients and pulse until you get desired consistency.
Makes 2-3 cups.
- 500g cooked beetroot (I used the pre-cooked vacuum packed ones)
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahina
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to season