Who doesn’t love easy? Well this dish is mid-week, work-was-shit, the-kids-are-brats, I-can’t-be-arsed easy. It’s also complete with a bonus “oh look, an opened bottle of wine” scenario. So pour yourself a glass, calm your farm and get this on the table in a flash.
I’m usually not very demanding of you, but do use smoked paprika, it adds a different flavor than the normal stuff.
Happy hump day!
- 1kg chicken breast, sliced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 200ml white wine
- 200ml chicken stock
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup almond meal
- sea sat and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken (you can do this in batches), then transfer it to a plate.
- Heat a little more oil in the pan and add the onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add the herbs and spices and stir through.
- Pour in the wine, simmering off the alcohol and reducing slightly.
- Pour in the chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Chuck the chicken and any juices back into the pan and heat through.
- Add the almond meal and stir through.
Season with sea salt and black pepper.